Our latest annual report reflects on a year like never before...
Berry Street is pleased to release its Annual Report 2019-20.
It’s been a year like never before and this is reflected in the significant achievements of the organisation. Even as we continued to work towards achieving our strategic goals this year, we had to adapt and implement significant changes to continue offering our essential services in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic. It’s a testament to our staff who have shown great courage and worked together to provide:
- 1,014 children and young people with safe homes
- 1,281 children with support to help heal trauma
- 2,224 children and young people with education and training
- 18,526 people with family violence support services.
At Berry Street, we believe one of the keys to tackling inequity lies in the hopes, capabilities and lived expertise of young people. So this year’s report heavily features our Y-Change team – a team of Lived Experience Consultants who provide thought leadership and advice to help effect meaningful change in the child and family services systems. The report includes Y-Change in conversation with our President, Dr Joanna Flynn AM and CEO, Michael Perusco, as well as a feature article written by Y-Change on the place of young people in reimagining the system.
Also in this year’s report, read about:
- our flagship evidence-based program — the Teaching Family Model
- achievements against our strategic goals
- our journey towards reconciliation
- the impact of the Berry Street School
- reflections from a survivor
And much more.