Please note this event is now sold out.
Berry Street, Safe and Equal, The Centre for Excellence in Child & Family Welfare and VACCA are proud to launch the Leading Change in Family Violence Symposium.
This one-day, family violence sector event is practice-led and practitioner focused. Bringing together over 200 practitioners, leaders and policy makers from across the specialist family violence and broader human services sector, the Symposium will provide practice-rich learning and collaboration opportunities.
Since 2016, the momentum of the family violence reform agenda has re-shaped the sector and cascaded significant and continuing change and growth. It will highlight the impact of the reform agenda in Victoria and the key role Victorian organisations have played in leading change and innovation to meet the needs of families to find freedom from family violence. The event will also recognise and celebrate the work of practitioners in contributing to this change.
Although Victorian based, it is anticipated this event will attract delegates from across Australia.
Our program will feature a variety of presentations from sector experts and panel discussions focused on our Symposium themes. We encourage you to check this page regularly for program updates.
Symposium themes include:
- an update on the Family Violence reform agenda (in Victoria & nationally), the changing context of the work and the impact of the reform agenda
- best-practice, innovative and intersectional approaches to family violence
- the important work of Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations
- infant, child and young person focussed family violence practice
- the growing evidence base for family violence practice
- hearing the voice of lived experience.
Date & time
Monday December 4, 2023
9.30am – 5pm AEDT
Connect with sector colleagues at our free networking event at 5pm. Finger food and drinks provided.
Early bird - $390 until Friday November 3 2023
Full fee - $460
Who is the event for
- practitioners and leaders working with families impacted by family violence
- policy makers.
186 Exhibition Street, Melbourne VIC, 3000
Rydges Melbourne have provided a discounted rate for Symposium delegates. To access the special rates please visit www.rydges.com and follow the below instructions:
- Select your hotel (Rydges Melbourne, CBD)
- Click on 'Book now'
- enter your dates and number of people
- Click on 'I have a code' and in the 'Corporate ID' field enter your corporate ID: CONFRM23
- Click 'Update booking'
- Your special rates will appear on the rates screen