Getting started with BSEM at your school
Getting started with the course at your school
For schools to get the most out of the Berry Street Education Model (BSEM), University of Melbourne (2018) research suggests that:
- school-wide implementation is optimal (i.e. rather than sectional, or year level),
- engagement of all staff (including non‑teaching personnel) in BSEM training is helpful in mobilising school culture,
- schools need to allow sufficient time to implement and embed the BSEM learning into strategic plans, classroom and whole of school practice.
Download a copy of the BSEM brochure to share at your next staff meeting.
Attend one of our BSEM Courses offered in various cities and now online, or contact us about hosting a training course at your site for your school community.
Alternatively, it may be helpful to learn more about BSEM's approach through the Introduction to the Berry Street Education Model webinar, as part of the BSEM webinar series.
A great way to learn more about our approach is to pick up your own copy of Creating Trauma-Informed Strengths Based Classrooms written by BSEM co-authors as an accessible introduction to start enacting some of our strategies to increase student engagement and learning.
Getting in touch
To find out more about BSEM or discuss your tailored program, contact us by:
- calling 03 9429 9266,
- email firstname.lastname@example.org,
- or filling out the below form.