MoneyMinded is a national adult financial literacy program that was developed to help people increase their financial skills and knowledge. The program delivers a flexible resource containing eight topics including: Planning and Budgeting, Dealing with Debt and Rights and Responsibilities. Available only in our Northern catchment.
MoneyMinded has a public website containing educational tools and materials.
The MoneyMinded program is a free and flexible resource available to community workers and financial counsellors, looking to gain access to useful information and tools to help their clients. The resource can be used to deliver workshops to groups of clients or in casework activities.
Berry Street is currently delivering two types of financial education training workshops. These are Facilitator Training and Participant Training.
The training is available to community workers that would like to gain access to this financial education resource to use with their clients in group work or in one on one meeting’s. The training is delivered over two consecutive days throughout five of our Berry Street sites in Victoria:
This particular training is delivered directly to the clients of community workers. The workshops are designed to meet the individual needs of the group and focus on a specific topic using the information from the MoneyMinded materials. An example of these workshops can be budgeting and creating a savings goal.
We acknowledge ANZ for the development of MoneyMinded and thank them for their contribution to Berry Street to help deliver this program throughout Victoria.
Facilitator Training Dates 2017
- 2 and 3 February - The Lakeside Community Centre, Showgrounds, Benalla
- 13 and 14 February - 552 Burke Rd, Camberwell
- 20 and 21 February - 677 The Boulevard, Eaglemont
- 27 and 28 February - 110 Wyndham Street, Shepparton
- 1 and 2 March - 350 Urana Road, Lavington (Albury)
- 16 and 17 March - 23 Wetlands Drive, Mt Helen (Ballarat)
- 23 and 24 March - 1374 Centre Road, Clayton
- 9 and 10 May - 37 Elgin Street, Morwell
- 23 and 24 May - 677 The Boulevard, Eaglemont
- 20 and 21 June - 1374 Centre Road, Clayton
- 27 and 28 July - 110 Wyndham Street, Shepparton
- 29 and 30 August - 23 Wetlands Drive, Mt Helen (Ballarat)
- 19 and 20 September - 37 Elgin Street, Morwell
- 24 and 25 October - 677 The Boulevard, Eaglemont
- 21 and 22 November - 1374 Centre Road, Clayton
MoneyMinded facilitator training is offered free of charge and run over two days - starting at 9.30 to 4:30pm each day.