Saver Plus is a ten month financial literacy and matched savings program that assists people to build savings for their own or their children's education and in doing so strengthens their capacity to save.
As part of the program, participants receive:
- one dollar in matched savings for every one dollar they save, up to $500, for education costs
- MoneyMinded financial training, and
- personal support and guidance from a trusted community organisation.
At the end of the program participants use their matched savings to purchase an education-related goal, which can include items like school uniforms, computers, and text books.
Are you eligible for Saver Plus?
How it works
- work with their Saver Plus Coordinator to identify an educational item for which they intend to save
- open an account with their local ANZ branch and begin making deposits
- attend MoneyMinded workshops to improve their financial management skills
- continue to make regular deposits into their ANZ Progress Saver account over a 10-month period
Once participants reach their savings goal, participants’ savings are matched dollar for dollar by ANZ, up to $500 for education costs.
Saver Plus is an initiative of the Brotherhood of St Laurence and ANZ, delivered in partnership with Berry Street, The Benevolent Society and The Smith Family, and other local community agencies. The Program is funded by ANZ and the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
Service delivered in:
This service is available in other locations across Australia, delivered by other community agencies.