NMT Secondary Consultations
Looking for a trauma-informed, developmentally-sensitive way of understanding a young person’s current therapeutic needs?
Berry Street’s Take Two service is the leading trauma-specific therapeutic service for vulnerable infants, children and young people in Victoria.
Take Two is site-certified in Dr Bruce D. Perry’s Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics (NMT). The NMT Metrics are clinical assessment and intervention-planning tools that support practitioners working with infants, children and young people who have experienced abuse, neglect and other traumas.
Take Two offers NMT-informed Secondary Consultations across Australia. They include:
- Completion of the NMT online metric and generation of the NMT Metric Report.
- A written report outlining the key results in the NMT Metric Report, and recommendations for the client based on identified priority areas from the NMT Report.
- Feedback and advice to care teams.
How the NMT Metrics will enhance your interventions
The NMT Metric Report is a tool to inform intervention-planning based on an understanding of the young person’s developmental experiences on their current functioning. It draws on principles of trauma research, neurodevelopment and relational neurobiology.
The NMT Metric Report organises a young person’s history and current functioning into a snapshot of their:
- developmental risk
- current developmental functioning
- executive functioning
- relational connectedness.
The NMT Metric Report identifies the sequence of interventions required to meet the individual’s therapeutic needs. It recommends the types of interventions likely to be effective at each stage of the sequence.
The NMT Metric Report is not designed to be used as a stand-alone assessment. It should be used as part of a comprehensive clinical assessment and planning process.
The recommendations generated in the NMT Metric Report should always be considered in the context of the individual’s circumstances, strengths and preferences, and their relational resources.
- Information-gathering by Take Two from practitioners, family and carers (as appropriate) about the individual’s developmental and relational history, including adverse experiences, the quality and nature of key relationships, their current developmental and behavioural functioning, and their current relational connections.
Note: the Take Two consultant will provide you with guidance documents outlining the information required from you/care team in order to make administration of the NMT Metric valuable.
- Using the above information, Take Two will administer the online NMT Metric and an NMT Metric Report is generated.
- The Take Two consultant will provide a written report of the findings and recommendations of the NMT Metric Report and provide in-person feedback and advice to the care team.
$2200 plus GST
Get in touch
For more information about NMT, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.