Family violence services for Melbourne's northern suburbs
Call 000 if you or someone you know is in danger.
In the Northern Metropolitan region of Melbourne, Berry Street’s Northern Specialist Family Violence Service (NSFVS) team provides free family violence services to victim survivors, including LGBTIQ+ people and children, who live in:
- City of Hume
- City of Moreland
- Shire of Nillumbik
- City of Banyule
- City of Whittlesea
- City of Darebin
- City of Yarra.
How we work
When people contact us or are referred to us, we talk to them to determine what help and support they need. This can be done by phone and/or face to face.
The next step may be to:
- assess their risk
- come up with a safety plan
- refer them to refuge and emergency housing if they and their children are at immediate risk
- refer victim survivors and children who have experienced family violence to therapeutic services
- provide a secondary consultation for professionals.
To find out more about how we deliver family violence services and to read our service charter, go to our service charters.
We also offer services that help people to get help, navigate the legal system and find a safe place to live.
Our case managers assess victim survivors' needs and make a plan that aims to work with them to meet their needs. We also have a small team dedicated to working with victim survivors under 25 years old.
We have a therapeutic team that can support some victim survivors with working through their experience, and developing strategies to stay safe and heal from trauma. We can also refer to other local counselling services.
The NSFVS refers to other Berry Street programs and external programs for therapeutic support for families, including children.
A specialist family violence worker provides support for victim survivors of family violence at Broadmeadows Magistrates Court and the Neighbourhood Justice Centre.
We support victim survivors to find safe and affordable housing; this is usually done by referring people to a housing service.
We also offer, where appropriate, a full security audit of your home to make it as safe as possible.
Our Northern Specialist Family Violence Service (NSFVS) team works out of 2 offices.
Contact details and opening hours for people in Hume or Moreland council areas
If you live in Hume or Moreland council areas, please contact:
Contact details and opening hours for people in North East council areas
If you live in Nillumbik, Banyule, Whittlesea, Darebin or Yarra council areas, please contact:
Information in your language
Read this page in:
- خدمات العنف الأسري في ضواحي ملبورن الشمالية (Arabic)
- पारिवारिक हिंसा समर्थन सेवाएं (Hindi)
- Aile içi şiddet destek hizmetleri (Turkish)
- خدمات خشونت خانوادگی برای حومه شمالی ملبورن (Persian)
- Servicios de violencia familiar para los suburbios del norte de Melbourne (Spanish)
- บริการความรุนแรงในครอบครัวสำหรับเขตชานเมืองทางตอนเหนือของเมลเบิร์น (Thai)