Parenting and family services
The Family Reconciliation program supports young people in the Ballarat region who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. It aims to help families build more positive relationships and connections.
The Family Reconciliation program aims to:
- help young people and parents to build more positive relationships and connections
- assist young people and parents to better understand each other's needs
- support young people to return home if this is safe and appropriate.
How we can help
We provide a range of services and support to meet their needs of both young people and families.
- provides immediate help to families at risk of breakdown
- can help young people find somewhere safe to stay if needed
- provides support to develop safety plans to prevent young people from becoming homeless
- provides cultural support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people and families.
The program can also provide information about and support with accessing:
- housing and other housing services
- education or vocational training
- Centrelink services.
Who we support
The Family Reconciliation program is free and available to young people and families living in the Ballarat region.
We can support:
- young people with and without children who are seeking help, information or support
- workers from other agencies who need a secondary consult
- relatives or friends who would like information and support about family reconciliation.