Parenting and family services
Supporting Parents After Separation
Supporting Parents After Separation is a free program that supports separated parents in conflict to:
- navigate the challenges of their separation
- develop effective child focused strategies for co-parenting
- understand how conflict affects a child's development
- develop self-care.
This educational program is funded by the Federal Attorney-General’s Department and administered by the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
What is involved
There are two parts to the program:
- a group session
- individual support.
The first part of the program is a 3.5-hour group session. Both face-to-face and online Zoom groups are held on a regular basis.
Parents attend a separate session to their former partner.
We offer individual support sessions to parents after they've completed the group session. Support can include:
- help with referrals to other services
- more information on co-parenting and other topics
- reassurance and encouragement.
Parents gain an understanding and knowledge in:
- navigating the challenges of their separation
- strategies and skills for child focused communication
- understanding how conflict affects a child’s development
- effective co-parenting
- managing their parenting arrangements.
Eligibility and access
The program is offered to parents who:
- are separated or going through a separation
- live in the Greater Shepparton and surrounding areas of Seymour, Euroa, Tatura, Mooroopna, Numurkah, Nathalia, Cobram and Yarrawonga.
Parents can refer themselves to the program or they can be referred by:
- court or a legal representative
- other service providers.
How to apply
To apply for the program individuals need to complete an application form.
You can fill in the form online or contact us for a printable version of the form.
You can submit the printed form by email to email@example.com, by post or in person at the office.
To find out more about the program, please contact:
Post Separation Services
110 Wyndham Street (PO Box 1108), Shepparton VIC 3630
Phone 03 5822 8100