Become a Lead Tenant mentor
The Lead Tenant program supports young people aged 16 to 18 years old to develop independent living skills while they transition from out-of-home care.
Lead Tenant Mentors are volunteers who provide a safe, stable, caring and supporting living environment for young people in a shared household. They role model pro-social behaviour and help young people prepare for fully independent living.
Become a live-in mentor
To become a live-in mentor, we’re looking for people:
- from all backgrounds, preferably with experience working with young people
- to assist young people aged 16 to 18 years old work towards independent living
- to give young people opportunities to grow and succeed.
All live-in mentors will have access to a dedicated Berry Street worker. Other benefits include:
- 24/7 support
- free accommodation in the Lead Tenant house
- support from a professional team.
To become a live-in mentor, applicants will need to have a current driver's licence; and pass a Working with Children Check, National Police Check, and Disqualified Carer Check.
Lead Tenant is run in 3 of our regions across Victoria.
For more information about becoming a live-in mentor, please contact your closest office: