Feedback and Complaints

Any person may provide Berry Street with feedback or make a complaint regarding any aspect of our services, programs, procedures or policy.

Your feedback is important and helps us provide timely and appropriate support. If you are unhappy, we can work with you to resolve any complaints you may have.

To give general feedback or lodge a complaint, please get in touch via Feedback and Complaints form.

Past Clients of Berry Street

If you are a past client who experienced abuse in care with Berry Street you can lodge a complaint with us or make an application through the National Redress Scheme. Find out how

Independent Complaints Advice

Berry Street will always try and resolve any complaint as quickly and fairly as possible. We encourage any clients that have a complaint to raise it with us in the first instance. We understand though that at times a client may wish to take a complaint to an independent body. It is your right to seek independent advice and support and the following independent agencies may be able to assist.

Victorian Ombudsman

The Ombudsman can enquire into and investigate complaints made regarding the actions of a registered community service. This can include such services as residential care units, home-based care, family support and specialist services.

P: 03 9613 6222

Disability Services Commissioner

The Disability Services Commissioner can respond to complaints about Victorian disability services including disability services provided by the Department of Human Services.

For enquiries or complaints:
P: 1800 677 342 (Free call from land lines)

Privacy Commissioner

Members of the public may make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner if they believe that a Victorian Government agency, a local council or an agency providing services for the State has breached their privacy.

P: 1300 666 444

Commission for Children and Young People

The Commission for Children and Young People does not investigate complaints concerning individual children and young people in out-of-home care. They can refer complaints to the Department of Health and Human Services and provide advice to people with concerns for the wellbeing of children and young people in out-of-home care.

P: 1300 78 29 78


Feedback and complaints

Have a complaint or feedback? We want to hear from you. Submitting feedback helps us to continually improve our service delivery.

Submit feedback

Alternatively you can call the Berry Street office nearest to you and ask to speak with a staff member from the service you access or to the Regional Director.