Advocating for change
Berry Street is a strong and independent voice for the children, young people and families with whom we work. We do not accept social injustice, inequality, or system failure.
Berry Street’s vision is that together, we will courageously change lives and reimagine service systems. In order to achieve our vision, we need to advocate for government to acknowledge that the system needs significant improvement and to invest in early intervention as a matter of priority.
Our advocacy goals
We act to:
- reorientate the child and family system towards early intervention and prevention
- keep families safe and together
- educate and support children and young people to reach their full potential
- allow children and young people to engage with their cultures and communities.
Together we can reimagine the future.
Campaigns we support
We are stronger when we act together.
Berry Street is a proud partner and supporter of:
- Raise the Age
- Home Stretch
- Anti-Poverty Week
- Smart Justice for Young People
- Raise the Rate
- Petition to Increase the Care Allowance.
Visit the campaign websites above to get involved and help make change.