Reconciliation Action Plan
Berry Street is deeply committed to reconciliation 365 days a year. In late 2020, Reconciliation Australia endorsed Berry Street’s first Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP).
Berry Street’s vision for reconciliation is an Australia where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families have the same life opportunities as all Australians. We believe that children, young people and families should be safe, thriving and hopeful.
- recognise true history - as an organisation and as a country
- support a culturally safe, aware and competent workforce
- support cultural connection for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and young peoples
- support self-determination in pursuit of social and economic justice
- actively listen to the voices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- celebrate and recognise the great strength and resilience of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Reconciliation Action Plan Artwork
Berry Street’s Reconciliation Action Plan features four special artworks created as part of a collaboration between The Gathering Place, the Elders Art Group and the young mob at The Koorie Youth Group. Individually, these four artworks represent Earth, Fire, Water and Air. Collectively, they represent the four elements that coexist to bring harmony on earth. This concept is reflective of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and all Australians working together to achieve reconciliation.