Delivered online by Richard Rose (UK) and Elise Saunders (AUS), this course is designed for practitioners who have qualifications in the relevant fields, prior knowledge of Therapeutic Life Story Work and are working in an environment where Therapeutic Life Story Work is already supported or being implemented.
The Advanced Certificate comprises six teaching days and focuses solely on the delivery of Therapeutic Life Story Work providing an opportunity to put this intervention into practice within your current role.
Upon completion of the Advanced Certificate students can continue professional learning by joining the Professional Diploma to complete the competency based assessments and become a TLSWi Certified Practitioner.
Over the six sessions students will learn the stages, tools and practice of this therapeutic intervention.
The Advanced Certificate is ideal for practitioners working in an organisation where there is already Therapeutic Life Story work being conducted or for skilled practitioners who want to add this intervention to their current role.
Each session runs from 9am - 4pm AEST
26-27 July 2024
9-10 August 2024
30-31 August 2024
Total course fee: $2,400 (inc. GST)
- understanding of the Rose Model of Therapeutic Life Story Work
- understanding the engagement stages of Therapeutic Life Story Work
- overview of the theoretical underpinnings of the model and how it relates to the intervention and recovery process
- practical application of engagement and intervention tools
- how to gather information from families and professionals safely
- knowledge of assessment tools and reports
- intervention tools to support the telling of narratives from others
- integration of the child's story with the narrative of others
- how to safely close the work with a child and carer
- expectations as a Therapeutic Life Story Work practitioner.
Who should attend?
The Advanced Certificate in Therapeutic Life Story Work will greatly benefit those working in a therapeutic role with traumatised children and young people including:
- child protection workers
- case workers/case managers in out of home care and youth justice
- family support workers
- behaviour support workers
- counsellors and therapists
- teachers and early childhood educators
- social workers and psychologists.
To be eligible to complete the Advanced Certificate course potential students must meet, and agree to, the following criteria:
- students must have a bachelor degree in any of the following; Social Work, Psychology, Education, Social Science, Health Sciences or Occupation Therapy or similar field
- students will need (direct or indirect) experience of the Child Protection System.
- it is expected that students have two plus years working in a therapeutic role with young people or adults who are impacted by early life trauma and therefore will be able to demonstrate proficiency in counselling / therapeutic skills.
- you intend using the knowledge gained in the area of Therapeutic Life Story Work, in a professional capacity and not with any personal relationships you have with children and young people in foster, kinship or permanent care.
- attend 100% of the 6 teaching days to achieve an attendance pass.
- it is expected that you will have read Richard Rose's' Life Story Therapy with Traumatised Children - A Model for Practice' (2012), prior to commencing the course.
Payment terms & conditions
Payment can be made at the time of registration by credit card (VISA or Mastercard) or by Direct Deposit (see below).
Enrolment is not guaranteed until full payment of course fees are made.
A confirmation/tax invoice will be issued upon registration to your nominated email address.
Direct Deposit payments can be sent to Berry Street:
BSB: 083170, Account: 134585438
Please ensure your confirmation number is included on your remittance and a copy of your remittance is emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A full refund will be issued for cancellations up until 14 business days prior to the first day of the course. No refunds will be issued after this date.
Just finished my 6th Day of the most valuable and informative and inspiring training I have ever been on! My head is full of ideas, training, reflective practice, direct work and more understanding and knowledge. Cannot wait to get started. I am now a Therapeutic Life Story Practitioner trained by Richard Rose himself.