Take Two specialist therapeutic consultancy services & training
Berry Street's Take Two program is a therapeutic service helping to address the impact of trauma on children who have experienced from abuse, neglect, family violence or other adverse experiences. We also provide training, clinical services and consultancy for professionals and organisations who need specialist therapeutic expertise.
Take Two Practice Series
Take Two's Clinical Practice Development Team delivers specialist therapeutic training to support people working with children and families who have experienced trauma, abuse and neglect. This includes practitioners working in mental health, out-of-home care, family services, family violence, education, youth justice, youth support services and alcohol and other drug services.
The training and practice development offered by Take Two will build the capacity of practitioners to understand the impact of childhood trauma. It will help develop skills to assess, plan and intervene in a trauma-informed way with infants, children, adolescents and families.
Our training team comprises professionals with extensive experience in out-of-home care, mental health, youth services, child protection and youth justice. The team draws on the wisdom and research from within Take Two’s clinical services to deliver training content that is practical, applicable and research-informed.
Our professional development offerings change in response to the emerging needs of the sector. Content includes:
- the neurobiology of early development
- the impact of abuse and neglect on the developing brain
- therapeutic principles for trauma-informed interventions
- working collaboratively to achieve positive outcomes for traumatised children and families
- reflective practice skills.
Certification in the Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics (NMT™)
Berry Street’s Take Two service is site-certified in the Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics (NMT™).
Take Two’s NMT™ Mentor-certified staff are excited to offer study groups and support to individuals and organisations seeking to undertake NMT™ Phase 1 certification (for full details please access the Neurosequential Network™) and we are currently seeking expressions of interest.
Free online Clinical Conversations
Take Two runs occasional free online Clinical Conversations for professionals and others who work with children who have experienced trauma. To find out about upcoming sessions, make sure you subscribe to Take Two’s Relate eNews. You can watch videos of past sessions on the Berry Street YouTube channel.
We can provide either virtual or in-person tailored training for your organisation, school or service. Please get in touch with our team to find out more about in-house training and to book a session.
Consultancy and other therapeutic services
Take Two also offers consultancy and other therapeutic services for purchase including:
- NMT™-informed Secondary Consultations for those working with babies, children and young people
- occupational therapy, speech pathology and neuropsychology clinical assessments and consultancy services
- reflective practice for other organisations (particularly residential care providers and other child-focused services)
- tailored in-house professional development or online training
- therapeutic assessments and consultancy for other organisations including community and family services, government departments, courts and Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations (ACCOs).
To find out more about our Take Two specialist therapeutic consultancy services, or to discuss your needs please get in touch with our team.
Stay up to date on all of Take Two's work by signing up to Take Two's Relate eNews, and keep informed of all training opportunities by signing up to Berry Street's Professional Learning & Development eNews.