Parenting and family services
Hume region Gippsland region South Eastern region
Saver Plus is a free 10-month financial literacy and matched savings program. It helps people develop savings and money management skills, while saving for their children’s or their own education.
How it works
As part of the program, eligible participants:
- work with their Saver Plus Coordinator to choose an education item to save for
- attend face to face or interactive online modules MoneyMinded financial literacy workshops to improve their money management skills
- open an ANZ Progress Saver account and start to regularly save over 10 months
- receive matched savings from ANZ for every dollar they save once they have completed the program (up to $500 for education items, such as school uniforms, computers and textbooks).
Saver Plus is a program developed by the Brotherhood of St Laurence and ANZ, delivered in partnership with Berry Street, the Smith Family and other local community agencies. The program is funded by ANZ and the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
To be eligible for Saver Plus, you need to:
- be 18 years or over
- have regular income from work (you or your partner)
- have a child at school or starting next year, or studying yourself
- have a current Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card
- receive a Centrelink payment*.
Berry Street delivers Saver Plus in the following locations in Victoria:
- East Gippsland, Latrobe Valley and Wellington (Gippsland region)
- Greater Shepparton, Moira, Campaspe, Wangaratta, Benalla, Alexandra and Albury Wodonga (Hume region)
- Greater Dandenong, Knox, Monash and Ringwood (South Eastern region).
To see other program locations in Australia, go to Brotherhood of St Laurence: Saver Plus.