Mallee Therapeutic Family Violence Service
The Mallee Therapeutic Family Violence Service (MTFVS) supports babies, children and adolescents, and their caregivers to recover from family violence.
MTFVS is a partnership between:
- Berry Street’s Restoring Childhood program (part of our Take Two service)
- Mallee Sexual Assault Unit and Mallee Domestic Violence Services
- Mallee Family Care
- Mallee District Aboriginal Services
- Mallee Accommodation and Support Program.
Who can access this service?
The MTFVS program is available to babies, children, adolescents, women and families that have or are experiencing family violence.
This free service is for victim survivors living in the local government areas of:
- Swan Hill
Phone consultations to parents or caregivers of children who have experienced family violence to help them:
- respond to their children in the present
- consider the ongoing therapeutic support options for them and their children.
Preliminary sessions with babies, children and young people and their caregiver to help them communicate and adapt during times of change and assess future therapeutic needs.
- Individual sessions for babies, children and young people with their caregiver.
- Individual sessions for people aged 15 years and over.
We provide secondary consultation to other professionals and can co-work with clients.