TAC L2P program mentor
Many young people in our community need help to get the driving experience required for their probationary licence. The TAC L2P Program is free for learner drivers who meet the eligibility criteria.
By becoming a volunteer TAC L2P driving mentor, you will be supporting young people to obtain their probationary licence.
Mentor eligibility requirements
To become a driver mentor, you need to:
- be over 21
- hold a full, current Victorian driver’s licence
- complete the VicRoads Volunteer Supervising Driver Training
- get a Police Check, Licence Check and Working with Children Check before being accepted into the program (costs are met by the program)
- commit a minimum of 1 to 2 hours per week for 12 months.
- work within the requirements of the Child Safe Standards.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, we will work with you to match you with a learner and ensure you are fully supported in the program.
By becoming a driver mentor, you will be supporting a learner driver to obtain 120 hours driving experience. As well as supporting a young driver, you will:
- be giving back to the community
- connect with other like-minded mentors while supporting a young person to develop safe driving habits
- have access to a vehicle
- receive comprehensive and ongoing training and support
- have flexibility in choosing hours that are convenient to your life.
Register your interest
We have learner drivers ready to be matched with a volunteer mentor in the Hume region (includes Greater Shepparton, Moira, Strathbogie and Mitchell Shires) and the Latrobe City.
For more information about becoming a driver mentor, please contact your closest Berry Street office or submit an enquiry form below. Please note that we currently require mentors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.