TAC L2P program mentor
Many young people in our community need help to get the driving experience required for their probationary licence.
By becoming a TAC L2P driving mentor, you will be supporting disadvantaged young people to obtain their probationary licence.
Mentor eligibility requirements
To become a driver mentor, you need to:
- be over 21
- hold a full, current Victorian driver’s licence
- complete the VicRoads Volunteer Supervising Driver Training
- get a Police Check, Licence Check and Working with Children Check before being accepted into the program (costs are met by the program)
- commit a minimum of 1 to 2 hours per week for 12 months.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, we will work with you to match you with a learner and ensure you are fully supported in the program.
By becoming a driver mentor, you will be supporting a learner driver to obtain 120 hours driving experience. As well as supporting a young driver, you will:
- be giving back to the community
- connect with other like-minded mentors while supporting a young person to develop safe driving habits
- have access to a vehicle
- receive comprehensive and ongoing training and support
- have flexibility in choosing hours that are convenient to your life.
Register your interest
We have learner drivers ready to be matched with a volunteer mentor in the Hume region (Greater Shepparton and Shires of Strathbogie, Moira and Mitchell) and the Latrobe Valley.
For more information about becoming a driver mentor, please contact your closest Berry Street office or submit an enquiry form: