Family violence services for Central Highlands (Western Victoria)
Call 000 if you or someone you know is in danger.
In the Central Highlands in Western Victoria, we provide free family violence services and after-hours crisis support to people who live in:
- The Pyrenees
- Golden Plains
How we work
When people contact us or are referred to us, we talk to them to determine what help and support they need. This can be done by phone and/or face to face.
The next step may be to:
- assess their risk
- come up with a safety plan
- refer them to emergency accommodation if they and their children are at immediate risk
- refer children who have experienced family violence to therapeutic services
- provide a secondary consultation for professionals.
To find out more about how we deliver family violence services and to read our service charter, go to our service charters.
After-hours crisis support
We also provide after-hours support to people who live in the Central Highlands.
For crisis support, please contact 03 5331 3558 Monday to Thursday, 5pm to 9am, and Friday from 5pm through to Monday 9am. The crisis support line is also open on public holidays.
We also offer services that support people to get help, navigate the legal system and find a safe place to live. These services are delivered from Berry Street’s Mount Helen office.
Our case managers assess victim survivors' needs and make a plan that aims to work with them to meet their needs.
We provide information about and referrals to housing services, including emergency accommodation.
A safe and nurturing environment for mothers and children who have experienced family violence in Ballarat, Western Victoria. Find out more about MI Village
Information in your language
Read this page in:
- خدمات العنف الأسري في المرتفعات الوسطى - غرب فيكتوريا (Arabic)
- सेंट्रल हाइलैंड्स के लिए पारिवारिक हिंसा सेवाएं - पश्चिमी विक्टोरिया (Hindi)
- Central Highlands için aile içi şiddet hizmetleri - Batı Victoria (Turkish)
- خدمات خشونت خانوادگی برای Highlands Central - ویکتوریای غربی (Persian)
- Servicios de violencia familiar para Central Highlands - Western Victoria (Spanish)
- บริการความรุนแรงในครอบครัวสำหรับ Central Highlands - Western Victoria (Thai)
Our family violence services have received Rainbow Tick accreditation. This means that staff have completed training and the systems and processes in our family violence service are inclusive for LGBTIQA+ people.